🍎Apple crisp (or ‘Apple Crumble’) is an American dessert consisting of baked apples topped with a crisp crust. Ingredients usually include cooked apples, butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and often oats and brown sugar, ginger, and/or nutmeg.
According to Google, Apple Picking Season officially starts August 29, 2015! I thought I’d share this special recipe from our family to yours. We have a pretty solid test case, and the verdict was simply divine. Eat as is, top on ice cream, pie, or whatever! This recipe is easy, simple, & scrumptious.
Here is MinimalistBaker’s a gluten-free, dairy free edition 😉
- BUTTER – 2 TBSP.
- CINNAMON – 1 tsp.
- BROWN SUGAR – 1 TBSP & 1 tsp.
- NUTMEG – 1/2 tsp.
- APPLES – 2-3 apples.
- Combine butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add those chopped apples*.
- Stir & simmer on stove for 5-7 minutes.
- Take it off the heat, & crush graham crackers (or Goya cookies, etc.) right on top.
- Add walnuts or pecans into the graham crackers as you top that sweet, apple “stew”.
There you have it—an Apple crumble as crisp as the season itself.
*Thick pieces = crunchy, Thinner = softer.